THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES AT THE Spider-Map.com AND Spider-Map (THE “SITES”) AND ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY Spider-Map ON THE SITE.
By using the Sites in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you (the “User” or “You”) agree to be bound by this Agreement, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. This Agreement applies to all users of the Sites, including without limitation users who are vendors, customers, merchants, contributors of content, information and other materials or services on the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Spider-Map is a Venue
Spider-Map acts as a venue to allow users who comply with Spider-Map’s policies to offer, sell and buy goods. Spider-Map is not directly involved in the transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, Spider-Map has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. Spider-Map does not pre-screen users or the content or information provided by users. Spider-Map cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
Consequently, Spider-Map does not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.
Spider-Map cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality, or sense of humor of a user.
You agree that Spider-Map is a venue and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other users, or outside parties on Spider-Map. You use the Spider-Map service at your own risk.
2. Membership Eligibility
Age: Spider-Map’s services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Spider-Map may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Site to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Individuals under the age of 18 must at all times use Spider-Map’s services only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age. In this all cases, the adult is the user and is responsible for any and all activities.
Compliance: You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. You are responsible for all applicable taxes. In addition, you must abide by Spider-Map’s policies as stated in the Agreement and the Spider-Map policy documents listed below (if applicable to your activities on or use of the Site) as well as all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by Spider-Map, each of which is incorporated herein by reference and each of which may be updated by Spider-Map from time to time without notice to you:
- Community Rules
In addition, some services offered through the Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions promulgated by Spider-Map from time to time; your use of such services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
Password: Keep your password secure. You are fully responsible for all activity, liability and damage resulting from your failure to maintain password confidentiality. You agree to immediately notify Spider-Map of any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security. You also agree that Spider-Map cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure. You agree not to provide your username and password information in combination to any other party other than Spider-Map without Spider-Map’s express written permission.
Account Information: You must keep your account information up-to-date and accurate at all times, including a valid email address.
Account Transfer: You may not transfer or sell your Spider-Map account and User ID to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
Right to Refuse Service: Spider-Map’s services are not available to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Spider-Map members. Spider-Map reserves the right, in Spider-Map’s sole discretion, to cancel unconfirmed or inactive accounts. Spider-Map reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
3. Fees and Services
Joining, setting up an account, making an offer on or listing an item on Spider-Map is free.
4. Listing and Selling
Listing Description: By listing an item on the Site you warrant that you and all aspects of the item comply with Spider-Map’s published policies. You also warrant that you may legally sell the item. You must accurately describe your item and all terms of sale in your Spider-Map profile. Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item. All items must be listed in an appropriate category with appropriate tags. Each listing must accurately and completely describe the item/items for sale in that listing. Each unique item must have its own listing.
Binding Sale: All sales are binding. The seller is obligated to ship the order or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, such as: (a) the buyer fails to meet the terms of the seller’s listing (such as payment method), or (b) the seller cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity. The buyer is obligated to deliver appropriate payment for items purchased, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
Fee Avoidance: The price stated in each item listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the items. Sellers may not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees. You may not alter the item’s price after a sale, misrepresent the item’s location and price or use another user’s account without permission.
5. Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Items and Activities
You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding to Spider-Map and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, “Content”) that you submit, post, and display on Spider-Map.
Restricted Activities: Your Content and your use of Spider-Mapshall not:
- Be false, inaccurate or misleading
- Be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items
- Infringe upon any third-party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- Violate this Agreement, any site policy or community guidelines, or any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising)
- Contain items that have been identified by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall
- Be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, impersonate or intimidate any person (including Spider-Map staff or other users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
- Be obscene or contain child pornography
- Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
- Host images not part of a listing
- Modify, adapt or hack Spider-Map or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Spider-Map;
- Appear to create liability for Spider-Map or cause Spider-Map to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Spider-Map’s ISPs or other suppliers
Re-Posting Content: By posting Content on Spider-Map, it is possible for an outside website or a third party to re-post that Content. You agree to hold Spider-Map harmless for any dispute concerning this use. If you choose to display your own Spider-Map-hosted image on another website, the image must provide a link back to its listing page on Spider-Map.
Idea Submissions: Spider-Map considers any unsolicited suggestions, ideas, proposals or other material submitted to it by users via the Site or otherwise (other than the Content and the tangible items sold on the Site by users) (collectively, the “Material”) to be non-confidential and non-proprietary, and Spider-Map shall not be liable for the disclosure or use of such Material. If, at Spider-Map’s request, any member sends Material to improve the site (for example through the Forums or to customer support), Spider-Map will also consider that Material to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Spider-Map will not be liable for use or disclosure of the Material. Any communication by you to Spider-Map is subject to this Agreement. You hereby grant and agree to grant Spider-Map, under all of your rights in the Material, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, sublicensable and transferable right and license to incorporate, use, publish and exploit such Material for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, including but not limited to incorporating it in the API, documentation, or any product or service, without compensation or accounting to you and without further recourse by you. So there’s that.
7. Information Control
Spider-Map does not control the Content provided by users that is made available on Spider-Map. You may find some Content to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. There are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using Spider-Map, you agree to accept such risks and that Spider-Map (and Spider-Map’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, creators and employees) is not responsible for any and all acts or omissions of users on Spider-Map. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe buying and selling when using Spider-Map.
Other Resources: Spider-Map is not responsible for the availability of outside websites or resources linked to or referenced on the Site. Spider-Map does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You agree that Spider-Map shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resources.
Users may arrange and attend online virtual meetings or in-person meetings (“Meetings”) with one or more individuals. Users are solely responsible for interactions with others. Users must comply with Spider-Map’s policies and acknowledge and agree to comply with the laws of the city, county and country in which the Meeting occurs. Additional eligibility requirements for a particular group or Meeting may be set by the group’s contact person. Spider-Map is not involved with user generated groups, the groups’ requirements, or the Meetings.
Spider-Map does not supervise or control the Meetings, user-initiated online or offline gatherings, or the interactions among and between users and other persons or companies. Users are solely responsible for interactions with others. Users understand that Spider-Map does not in any way screen its users. All users agree to exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, particularly if meeting offline or in person.
9. Resolution of Disputes and Release
In the event a dispute arises between you and Spider-Map, please contact Spider-Map.
Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration in Singapore, using the English language in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. The prevailing party in any arbitration or other proceeding arising under this Agreement shall be entitled to receive reimbursement of its reasonable expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees and all other expenses) incurred in connection therewith. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the courts located in Singapore. Use of the Site is not authorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of the Agreement, including without limitation, this section. You and Spider-Map agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site (including, but not limited to, any services provided or made available therein) or this Agreement must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Should you have a dispute with one or more users, or an outside party, you release Spider-Map (and Spider-Map’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, creators and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. Spider-Map encourages users to report user-to-user disputes to your local law enforcement, postmaster general, or a certified mediation or arbitration entity, as applicable.
Spider-Map, for the benefit of users, may try to help users resolve disputes. Spider-Map does so in Spider-Map’s sole discretion, and Spider-Map has no obligation to resolve disputes between users or between users and outside parties. To the extent that Spider-Map attempts to resolve a dispute, Spider-Map will do so in good faith based solely on Spider-Map’s policies. Spider-Map will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.
10. Spider-Map’s Intellectual Property
Spider-Map’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names or email addresses, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
11. Access and Interference
Spider-Map may contain robot exclusion headers which contain internal rules for software usage. Much of the information on Spider-Map is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Spider-Map by Spider-Maps users or third-parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Spider-Map for any purpose whatsoever without Spider-Map’s prior express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- – Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in Spider-Map’s sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Spider-Maps infrastructure
- – Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any user Content (except for your Content) or other allowed uses of Spider-Map from the Site except with prior express written permission of Spider-Map and the appropriate third party, as applicable
- – Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site
- – Bypass Spider-Map’s robot exclusion headers or other measures Spider-Map may use to prevent or restrict access to Spider-Map
Without limiting any other remedies, Spider-Map may, without noticedelay or immediately remove Content, warn Spider-Map’s community of a user’s actions, issue a warning to a user, temporarily suspend a user, temporarily or indefinitely suspend a user’s account privileges, terminate a user’s account, prohibit access to the Site, and take technical and legal steps to keep a user off the Site and refuse to provide services to a user if any of the following apply:
14. No Warranty
Spider-Map, Spider-Map’S SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CREATORS, EMPLOYEES, AND Spider-Map’S SUPPLIERS PROVIDE Spider-Map’S WEB SITE AND SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. Spider-Map, Spider-Map’S SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CREATORS, EMPLOYEES AND Spider-Map’S SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM Spider-Map SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
15. Liability Limit
IN NO EVENT SHALL Spider-Map, AND (AS APPLICABLE) Spider-Map’S SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR Spider-Map’S SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, Spider-Map’S SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Spider-Map’S LIABILITY, AND (AS APPLICABLE) THE LIABILITY OF Spider-Map’S SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CREATORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO $1. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD Spider-Map AND (AS APPLICABLE) Spider-Map’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CREATORS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE DOCUMENTS IT INCORPORATES BY REFERENCE, OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR THE RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.
17. No Guarantee
Spider-Map does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Site, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outsideSpider-Map’s control.
18. Legal Compliance; Taxes
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site and any Spider-Map service and, if applicable, your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items. In addition, you shall be responsible for paying any and all taxes applicable to any purchases or sales of items you make on the Site (excluding any taxes on Spider-Map’s net income).
If any provision of this Agreement is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention. All remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
20. No Agency
You and Spider-Map are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
21. Spider-Map Service
22. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall in all respects be interpreted and construed with and by the laws of Singapore.
Sections 3 (Fees and Services, Fees and Termination), 6 (Content, License), 7 (Information Control), 8 (Meetings, Groups or User Fees), 9 (Resolution of Dispute and Release), 10 (Spider-Map’s Intellectual Property), 11 (Access and Interference), 12 (Breach), 13 (Privacy), 14 (No Warranty), 15 (Liability Limit), 16 (Indemnity), 17 (No Guaranty), 19 (Severability), 20 (No Agency), 22 (Choice of Law) shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Effective Date: July 23, 2012.
Spider-Map reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.
We love our community at Spider-Map. It is extremely important to us that you not only have a pleasant experience buying and selling on Spider-Map, but also that you feel comfortable and safe while doing so.
2. Information we collect and receive
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you register for an account with us (“Account”).
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating listings, interacting with other users through our chat feature, or transacting with other users.
- If you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem.
- When you register for a survey, campaign, contest and/or lucky draw with us.
- When you interact with us offline or through an external third party.
You are under no obligation to provide the information to us. However, if you choose to withhold the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you.
By providing us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
We may collect and receive the following information. Please note that not all of our Services collect all of the information listed below:
- Account credentials such as username.
- Profile information such as, name, gender, email address, profile photo, mobile number, date of birth.
- Information required for Spider-Map Protection (including payment and shipping services) such as credit or debit card details, bank account, NRIC/FIN number, address, mobile number.
- Location information such as last known location, meet-up location.
- Any other information disclosed by you in any of the above-mentioned methods and/or through the use our Services.
- Aggregate data collected through the use of our Services.
- Any communications between you and another user of our Services.
3. Your interactions with others
Our Services offer features which allow users to connect and communicate in groups which are public or semi-public, and to share information with each other to complete a transaction. Please use common sense and exercise good judgement when sharing information in these groups or with others. We generally do not monitor or remove the information which you share and such information may remain available on our Services after your Account has been deactivated, terminated or is otherwise closed. You are responsible for the information you choose to share in these groups or with other users.
4. Why we collect the information and how we use it
We may use the information collected and received from you for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity, update our records and generally maintain your Account with us.
- Provide our Services and customise the content shown to you.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services.
- To process transactions.
- To process or arrange payment and/or shipping services.
- To process or resolve any dispute arising from or in connection with any transactions, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- To detect or monitor any frauds or other prohibited content, businesses or activities.
- Responding to your queries and resolving complaints.
- To facilitate, confirm and/or provide updates or notifications in relation to any transactions.
- Carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our Services are being used and how we can improve them.
- To update you on your listings and our Services (e.g. new offers, new chats, new feedback, new comments). These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates at any time through the “Settings” page of your Account.
- To send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest products and services of Spider-Map or carefully selected third parties. These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these marketing communications via the link in the email you have received and/or through the “Settings” page of your Account. These marketing communications may also be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these methods. For more information on anonymous advertising, including to understand what opting-out means and your opt out choices, please see the Section 5 below.
However, if you are a user in Hong Kong, the following will apply to you
With your consent or indication of no objection, to send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the following types of products and services of Spider-Map and/or carefully selected third parties: household products, general merchandise, retail goods or services, food, water & beverages, restaurants, catering, groceries, health & beauty, lifestyle, pharmaceuticals, fragrance & cosmetics, baby products, wine and liquor, cigarettes and cigars, stationery, books and paper products, confectionary, toys, clothing, shoes, textiles, fashion accessories, bags & luggage, jewellery, watches, furniture, plants and accessories, office supplies, phones and mobile devices, electronics and electrical appliances, computer software and games, music, pet products, fuel, motor vehicle services, educational products and services, entertainments, utilities, online auction, financial, investment, insurance, banking and credit cards, logistics, transportation, shipping travel, hotel and accommodation, sports, leisure, recreation and entertainment, telecommunications products and services, financial services, insurance services and products, e-commerce (including trading and payment platforms and online auctions), reward, referral, loyalty or privilege programs and related products and services, promotional offers, discounts and/or related products and services.
- To send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies. These messages are not promotional in nature. These messages will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Spider-Map, unless you deactivate your account.
- Perform functions or services as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection such as to publish and/or use for our marketing purposes, your feedbacks and stories.
- To provide you a more tailored online advertising experience. Spider-Map has in place, tools and services are used to create advertisements, to deliver advertisements to devices on behalf of advertisers, to monitor the success of and manage advertising campaigns, and to present you with advertisements that are more likely to be interesting and relevant to you. Delivering relevant ads that are tailored to users’ interests is known as “interest based advertising” (sometimes also referred to as “behavioural advertising”). For more information on interest-based advertising, including to understand what opting-out means and your opt out choices for your devices, including computer browsers and mobile browsers and devices, please see the Section 10 “Spider-Map Opt-Out” below.
- If you are a member of our survey panel, your information may also be used to manage your panel membership; send you service-related messages, new survey opportunities and, updates on your rewards and incentives. These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates through the relevant email and/or “Settings” page of your Account. These updates may also be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these methods.
- To provide and carry out cross-application and cross-device advertising (i.e.advertising across browsers and applications on a single device, as well as cross-device advertising), advertising delivery and reporting. Information include information described above and data collected from a particular computer, browser or device and may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
- To comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism regulations and other applicable laws and regulations.
5. Who we share your information with
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- When you register for an Account, the information which you make available on your profile may be viewed by other users of our Services. Other users of our Services would also be able to view the content which you upload and share on our Services.
- We may share the information with third party service providers who assist us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, payment or shipping services, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks. Such service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- We may share the information with our potential partners, investors and other parties with a view to a potential business partnership, collaboration, joint venture or otherwise in furtherance of our business.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or crime or to protect our Services or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
You may click on the names of these third parties to access their privacy policies.
We respect your privacy and we will not sell your personal information to any third party. We may disclose data and aggregate statistics about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but these data and statistics will not include information which can be used to identify you.
From the “Settings” page of your Account, you may opt out of us sharing the anonymous information listed above. For more information on how we share such information and your opt-out choices, please Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Transfer of information
If you are a user located in Australia, the following information will apply to you:
- your information will no longer be governed by Australian law;
- you will not be able to seek redress under Australian law; and
- foreign laws will govern the handling of information collected and received in the course of your use of our Services and also governs the collection, use and disclosure of your information.
7. Protecting your information
The security of your information is important to us. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the Internet, both during transmission and once we receive it. Sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) are encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
8. Accessing and updating your information
You may access and update your information within our Services through the “Settings” page of your Account.
Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date.
If you wish to:
(a) apply for a copy of the information we hold about you; or
(b) withdraw consent you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the information we hold about you,
please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out in Section 13 below.
Please allow us a reasonable period of time to respond to any request and effect any change. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and may give you reasons for doing so.
Where you have requested for a copy of the information we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. If we decide to do so, we will provide you with a written estimate of such fee beforehand.
9. Tracking technologies
We use tracking technologies on our Services.These enable us to understand how you use our Services which, in turn, helps us to provide and improve our Services. However, the tracking technologies do not access, receive or collect information which can be used to identify you. We have listed below some examples of the tracking technologies used on our Services:
- Flash cookies. We use Flash cookies (a.k.a local shared objects or LSOs) to store some of your viewing preferences on our Services. These are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type and manner in which data is stored.
10. Spider-Map Opt-Out
We may deliver personalised and/or targeted advertisements (each, a “Targeted Ad”) to you in the course of your use of our Services and/or through a variety of advertising networks and exchanges.
From the “Settings” page of your Account, you may opt out of behavioural tracking and/or interest-based advertising through our Platforms. Your changes to such opt-out setting may take 24 hours to become effective.
Please note that if you choose to “opt out”, we will not use information we have collected about you to deliver Targeted Ads, but it does not opt you out of seeing advertisements. You will still see generic, non-targeted advertisements which are served without the use of any information we have collected about you. You may still be served advertisements for other reasons, such as:
- General advertisements served to all users of our Platforms.
- Personalised and/or targeted advertisements from other third parties and not delivered by Spider-Map through your mobile and/or web activities.
12. Third party sites and resources
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
13. Contact us
Spider-Map does not: (a) offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, European Union data subjects; and (b) process and/or hold the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union.
Last updated on 01 Jan 2021